Marble floors are popular all over the world for their beautiful, unique patterns and relatively hard wearing nature. Regular maintenance is required to keep this surface at its brilliant best, however.
Get help cleaning, restoring and polishing your marble or terrazzo floors from our specialist floor restoration team in Maidstone. Our teams have both the experience and the state-of-the-art gear needed to deliver the highest quality results. We will obliterate dirt and debris, buff out surface marks and scratches and reapply protective sealant, bringing back life and colour back into your marble floors.
How to tell your marble needs cleaning or restoration
Regularly sweeping and mopping of marble or terrazzo flooring is vital to extend the lifespan of your tiles. How often you should arrange a professional clean, polish and seal for your floor depends on a number of factors, the most important of which is how much use the floor gets.
When deciding to book a professional restoration of your marble look out for these common issues. Your local TileMaster professional can assist you in diagnosing and resolving the following marble care problems:
- Has your marble become dull and lifeless, losing its shine?
- Has your marble floor been laid badly and left sharp edges?
- Has the grout securing the tiles become worn and tired looking?
- Have recent builders or tradesmen left the floor looking marked and dusty?
- Does your marble rapidly lose its lustre after it’s been mopped?
- Are there marks and stains that you constantly mop but always return?
- Has the marble become scratched and dirty, with no amount of mopping or cleaning products making a difference?
- Does you marble floor have dull spots which done shine?
- Do you miss the shiny, just laid finish?
Benefits of our marble cleaning and polishing service
Book the trained and experienced staff of TileMaster to restore your marble tile floor and find out what our customers love about our work. There are many benefits of TileMaster’s marble floor cleaning and polishing service beyond our unbeatable value for money, including:
- Extend the lifespan of your marble floor
- Reduced maintenance cleaning
- Protect the grout, keeping it clean for longer
- Lighter finish for the tiles
- Grinding the floor to create a seamless finish
- Create a safer, healthier environment for family and pets
- Protect your warranty, keep the floor looking better for longer
- Low disruption cleaning service leaving no mess
TileMaster’s marble restoration packages:
Every member of staff at TileMaster has been carefully trained to service marble floors and produce the best results for our customers. Utilising state-of-the-art floor cleaning machines and solutions, our technicians enact an advanced multi-step process for cleaning marble and grout, restoring the floor to a brilliant finish:
- Step 1 – Floor surveyed and finish and seal options discussed with client
- Step 2 – We remove furniture and prepare the room
- Step 3 – Close surrounds and sensitive surfaces are protected with specialist low tack masking and protection
- Step 4 – Area is vacuumed and sweep area to remove dry soil or abrasive grit
- Step 5 – Custom cleaning agents applied to remove old sealer and previous solutions.
- Step 6 – Mechanical agitation of solutions and power scrub with PH neutral floor cleaner for deep cleaning
- Step 7 – Fresh water rinsing and high power vacuum to evacuate dirty solution into our specialist vacuum tanks
- Step 8 – Diamond sand to eliminate light marks and etches from surface
- Step 9 – Diamond Polish to remove Honed, Matt, Satin, high shine or mirror finish
- Step 10 – Speed dry floor and light buff to eliminate surface footprints and leave a perfect blemish free floor
- Step 11 – Commercial grade impregnating sealer applied to protect grouting from oil and water based spills and stains
- Step 12 – Customer inspection process and walk round. Our teams offer full advice for daily and weekly maintenance, along with complementary 6 months worth of cleaner
Gold Package – Grind in Place – Floor Upgrade
All of the steps in Silver Package, plus:
- Thorough diamond grinding to remove lips / treat uneven tiles and make the floor flat
- Specialist abrasive resin and ceramic diamonds fully smooth out floor and prepare for honing and polishing stage
- Extra attention by hand to grout joints and edges ensuring the floor remains perfectly flat, bringing the edges in line with the middle of the floor
Why choose TileMaster:
There are many reasons you’ll love working with TileMaster to restore your marble flooring, including:
- We are fully insured for domestic and commercial work
- Our teams are health and safety compliant
- Fully trained team for each floor type
- Quality added value of service
- Work carried out with minimum disruption
- Friendly, local and personal service
- And our teams even move your furniture
Every job is different but during the free survey we measure up, do a free demonstration clean to show the results we can achieve, and from this we send over a full proposal for you to browse at your own leisure. We do not give prices on the day or put you under any pressure for an answer there and then
Yes, the floor is fine to use once we leave on the first day. We try to leave protection on the floor in the main traffic way or around the kitchen island, in front of the sink or oven. We normally suggest just not to cook anything like spag bol or curry, however, because the sauce might end up splattering on the floor
Yes, we can use aggressive diamond tooling to remove the lips or sharp edges. Once the floor is flat we can smooth out the floor and bring back the wonderful polished finish
Every job is different, due to furniture, size of area and treatments required but during the free survey & demo we will give you an estimate of time. For example, we recently completed a deep clean and sealed a marble floor of 40sqm in 1.5 days
Normally the floor needs around 4 hours to dry. If we are only sealing the grout, the floor is fine for socks and slippers after 1 hour, but depending on the porosity of the tiles, room temperature and other factors, the floor can take longer to dry.
All products used are within the manufacturer’s guidelines, and where applicable your flooring manufacture own brand products can be used.
Scratches, scuff marks and damage on the floor can be removed if they are surface-level and in the dressing. Deeper scratches on the surface may require a more intensive process to use diamond pads to repair the scratch.
We are happy to give a ballpark figure from pictures and room sizes, as this can help customer budgeting on renovation projects if they are unsure whether to restore or replace, but ultimately we would need to carry out a full survey and demo before any work can take place.
Yes, we are always happy to call out and offer a free demo clean. Not only does this give you, the customer, a good indication of the results we can achieve, it also allows us to quote for the floor correctly, as we know the process required to achieve those results.