Limestone is a very popular option for flooring which is created under the bottom of the sea under conditions which give it its durable, yet porous look. When it is properly sealed, limestone is a good option for high traffic areas, but regular maintenance is a must.
Cleaning, restoring and polishing your limestone floors should always be carried out by a professional. Our specialist restoration team in Maidstone have both the experience and the cutting edge equipment needed to deliver exceptional results. We will banish dirt and debris from the floor, buff out surface marks and scratches, restore its colour and reapply protective sealant, giving your limestone floor a delightful new shine and making it easier to keep your tiles and grouting clean.
How to tell your limestone needs cleaning or restoration
Most limestone tile manufacturers advise weekly sweeping and dusting of the tiles, with semi-regular professional cleaning and polishing required to extend the floor’s lifespan for as long as possible. How frequently you should professionally deep clean, polish and seal your limestone floor depends on the level of foot traffic it receives. Businesses tend to need their floors deep cleaning more often than domestic customers.
Limestone can be easily damaged, so there are a number of things to look out for when deciding to book a professional restoration. Your local TileMaster professional can assist you diagnosing and resolving the following common limestone floor care issues:
- Has your limestone flooring lost is colour? Is it dull and lifeless?
- Has your floor been badly fitted and left with uneven tiles with hazardous edges?
- Has the grout become dirty and worn out?
- Have builders or tradesmen left marks on the limestone?
- Does the floor look better when wet?
- Are there marks you cannot remove?
- Does your limestone floor have dull spots?
- Are you looking to restore back wonderful, just laid finish?
Benefits of our limestone cleaning and polishing service
TileMaster Maidstone’s trained and experienced staff can restore your limestone tile floor and you’ll discover why our customers love our work so much. Not only do we offer great value prices, there are simply so many benefits of TileMaster’s limestone floor cleaning and polishing service, including:
- Extended lifespan of your limestone flooring
- The cleaned floor will require less maintenance
- Sealing helps prevent wear and tear from damaging the floor
- Brighter finish with better colour
- Grinding the floor evens the surface out for a seamless look
- Your family and pets will enjoy a safer, cleaner environment
- Protect the warranty of your floor
- Our teams work with minimal mess and disruption
TileMaster’s limestone restoration packages:
Staff at TileMaster Maidstone have been carefully trained to restore limestone floors in order to not damage the floor and ensure the best results for our customers. Our teams use the best floor cleaning machines and solutions available, whilst our technicians deploy an advanced multi-step process for cleaning tiles, restoring them to a brilliant finish:
- Step 1 – Survey the limestone floor and discuss finish and seal options
- Step 2 – Remove furniture from the floor and prepare the room
- Step 3 – Protection applied to surrounding areas and sensitive surfaces using specialist low tack masking and protection
- Step 4 – Vacuuming and sweeping of the area to remove dry soil or abrasive grit from the floor
- Step 5 – Custom cleaning agents applied to remove old sealer and previous treatments
- Step 6 – Mechanical agitation and power scrub with PH neutral floor cleaner. Deep cleaning can remove years of dirt build up from the tiles and grout
- Step 7 – Fresh water rinse and high power vacuum used to bring dirt solution out of the floor into our specialist on board vacuum tanks
- Step 8 – Diamond sanding removed light marks and etches from surface
- Step 9 – Diamond Polish to either a Honed, Matt, Satin, high shine or mirror finish
- Step 10 – Speed dry the floor and buff to remove surface footprints, leaving a perfect blemish free floor
- Step 11 – Commercial grade impregnating sealer is applied to the limestone to protect the grout from oil and water based spills and stains.
- Step 12 – Customer walk round and inspection of the floor, full advice is given for daily and weekly maintenance. We also offer complimentary 6 months worth of cleaner
Gold Package – Grind in Place – Floor Upgrade
All of the steps in Silver Package, plus:
- High quality diamond grinding to eliminate lips / uneven tiles to ensure the floor is flat
- Specialist abrasive resin applied and ceramic diamonds used to effectively smooth out floor and prepare for honing and polishing stage
- Extra special attention by hand paid to grout joints and edges to make sure the limestone is perfectly flat and to bring the edges in line with the middle of the floor
Why choose TileMaster:
Fast and effective work delivered at great prices makes TileMaster the sensible choice. There are many reasons to work with TileMaster to restore your limestone floors:
- TileMaster staff are fully insured for domestic and commercial work
- Health and safety compliant work carried out with utmost care
- Fully trained team you can trust
- Quality added value of service
- Minimum disruption to your home or business
- Friendly personal service from our staff
- We move your furniture for you
Every job is different, due to furniture, size of area and treatments required but during the free survey & demo we will give you an estimate of time. For example, we recently completed a deep clean and sealed a marble floor of 40sqm in 1.5 days
Yes, we can use aggressive diamond tooling to remove the lips or sharp edges. Once the floor is flat we can smooth out the floor and bring back the wonderful polished finish
Normally the floor needs around 4 hours to dry. If we are only sealing the grout, the floor is fine for socks and slippers after 1 hour, but depending on the porosity of the tiles, room temperature and other factors, the floor can take longer to dry.
Scratches, scuff marks and damage on the floor can be removed if they are surface-level and in the dressing. Deeper scratches on the surface may require a more intensive process to use diamond pads to repair the scratch.
We are happy to give a ballpark figure from pictures and room sizes, as this can help customer budgeting on renovation projects if they are unsure whether to restore or replace, but ultimately we would need to carry out a full survey and demo before any work can take place.
Yes, we are always happy to call out and offer a free demo clean. Not only does this give you, the customer, a good indication of the results we can achieve, it also allows us to quote for the floor correctly, as we know the process required to achieve those results.