Whether at home or in a commercial setting, ceramic and porcelain tiles look great while also being relatively hard wearing. Over time, however, these surfaces can become dirty and lifeless, losing that spark they had when first installed.
If you need specialist help cleaning and restoring your tiled floors, our floor restoration team in Maidstone have both the knowledge and the experience required to deliver outstanding results. We will remove ingrained dirt and debris, as well as buff out any scratches and apply a protective sealant to make it easier to clean after we’ve finished our work.
How to tell if your tile & grout needs cleaning or restoration
If you want to extend the life of your tiles and grout, we recommend you regularly sweep or dust your floors so that sharp pieces of debris aren’t dragged across the surface by foot traffic.
How often you should have your ceramic and porcelain floor professionally cleaned depends on a number of factors, such as the amount of foot traffic it experiences. Businesses normally need professional cleaning more often than homes, but if you have pets and children regular upkeep is a must.
There are many things to consider when deciding whether to book a professional restoration of your tile and grout. Your local TileMaster professional can help resolve a wide variety of issues, including:
- Has the grout in between the tiles become damaged or worn?
- Does your porcelain or ceramic flooring look dull and lifeless?
- Has your floor recently been laid and left with residue and haze making it look unsightly?
- Have you recently had building work done that has left the floor dusty or patchy?
- Are you fed up of mopping the floor for it to quickly lose its lustre after it dries?
- Are there scratches on the surface of the tiles?
- Are you looking to bring back that beautiful, just laid finish?
Benefits of our tile & grout cleaning service
It’s not just about our great value prices, there are many other benefits of our tile & grout cleaning service, including:
- Extend the life of your ceramic and porcelain flooring
- Less day-to-day maintenance required such as cleaning and sweeping
- Sealing helps protect the grout, keeping it cleaner for longer
- Better and brighter finish achieved
- A cleaner environment for your family and pets, free from allergens and potentially dangerous bacteria
- Our process protects your warranty and keeps the floor looking better for longer
- Our service creates minimum disruption and leaves no dust or mess
TileMaster’s tile & grout cleaning process:
Every member of our talented team has been carefully trained to restore tiled floors and we’ve invested in state-of-the-art floor cleaning machines and solutions, allowing them to deploy an advanced multi-step process for cleaning tiles and grout, restoring them to a brilliant finish:
- Step 1 – We survey the floor and discuss finish and seal options
- Step 2 – Remove furniture and prepare room
- Step 3 – Protect surrounding areas and sensitive surfaces with specialist low tack masking and protection
- Step 4 – Vacuum or sweep area to remove dry soil or abrasive grit from the floor
- Step 5 – Apply our custom cleaning agents to remove old sealer and previous treatments
- Step 6 – Mechanical agitation and power scrub with PH neutral floor cleaner to deep clean and remove years of dirt and grime
- Step 7 – Fresh water rinsing and high power vacuum to bring dirt solution into our specialist on board vacuum tanks
- Step 8 – Speed dry floor and buff to remove footprints and leave a perfect blemish free floor
- Step 9 – Application of commercial grade impregnating sealer to protect the grout from oil and water based spills and stains
- Step 10 – We inspect the newly restored floor with the customer, providing full advice for daily and weekly maintenance, along with complementary 6 months worth of cleaner
Why choose TileMaster:
If you’re looking for professional cleaning and restoration work in Maidstone, TileMaster are your one-stop-shop:
- Fully insured for domestic and commercial work
- Health and safety compliant
- Fully Trained Team
- Quality Added Value of service
- Minimum Disruption
- Friendly Personal Service
- We Move Furniture
Every job is different but during the free survey we measure up, do a free demonstration clean to show the results we can achieve, and from this we send over a full proposal for you to browse at your own leisure. We do not give prices on the day or put you under any pressure for an answer there and then
Yes, the floor is fine to use once we leave on the first day. We try to leave protection on the floor in the main traffic way or around the kitchen island, in front of the sink or oven. We normally suggest just not to cook anything like spag bol or curry, however, because the sauce might end up splattering on the floor
Normally the floor needs around 4 hours to dry. If we are only sealing the grout, the floor is fine for socks and slippers after 1 hour, but depending on the porosity of the tiles, room temperature and other factors, the floor can take longer to dry.
All products used are within the manufacturer’s guidelines, and where applicable your flooring manufacture own brand products can be used.
Every job is different, due to furniture, size of area and treatments required, but during the free survey and demo we will give you an estimate of how long it will take. By way of example, we recently completed a deep clean and grout seal of 40sqm in 1 day.
Scratches, scuff marks and damage on the floor can be removed if they are surface-level and in the dressing. Deeper scratches on the surface may require a more intensive process to use diamond pads to repair the scratch.
We are happy to give a ballpark figure from pictures and room sizes, as this can help customer budgeting on renovation projects if they are unsure whether to restore or replace, but ultimately we would need to carry out a full survey and demo before any work can take place.
Yes, we are always happy to call out and offer a free demo clean. Not only does this give you, the customer, a good indication of the results we can achieve, it also allows us to quote for the floor correctly, as we know the process required to achieve those results.