Karndean or Amtico flooring offers a durable vinyl alternative to other hard floor types, but they still need occasional professional maintenance to make sure it lasts for many years to come.
Our specialist team has many years of experience cleaning this type of flooring, combining professional know-how with the best equipment available.
How to tell if your Karndean floors need cleaning or restoration
Most vinyl manufacturers like Amtico recommend weekly sweeping and dusting of the floor, while sprinkling in some semi-regular professional cleaning to extend the floor’s lifespan for as long as possible. How often you should professionally clean your Karndean floor mainly depends on the amount of foot traffic it receives.
Typically, a business premises will require professional cleaning more often than a domestic one. There are a number of things to look out for when deciding to book a professional restoration of your Karndean floor. Your local TileMaster professional can help diagnose and resolve the following karndean floor care problems:
- Has your Karndean flooring become dull and lifeless?
- Has the dressing or sealer become worn and tired looking?
- Have the builders or tradesmen left the floor looking dusty and patchy?
- Are you fed up of mopping the floor for it to quickly lose its lustre after it dries?
- Has it become scratched and dirty, with no amount of mopping or products making a difference?
- Are you looking to bring back that wonderful, just laid finish?
Benefits of the service
Book the trained and experienced staff of TileMaster to restore your Karndean floor and reap the many benefits, including:
- Less maintenance–cleaning / sweeping
- Seal / Dressing helps protect the surface from wear and scuffing
- Better and brighter colour achieved
- A safer, healthier & cleaner environment for your family and pets
- Our process protect your warranty and keeps the floor looking better for longer
- Our service creates minimum disruption and leaves no dust or mess
TileMaster’s Karndean cleaning process:
Using state-of-the-art floor cleaning machines and solutions, our technicians deploy an advanced multi-step process for cleaning Karndean floors, restoring them to a brilliant finish:
- Step 1 – We survey the floor and discuss finish and shine level
- Step 2 – Remove furniture and prepare room
- Step 3 – Protect surrounding areas and sensitive surfaces with specialist low tack masking and protection
- Step 4 – Vacuum or sweep area to remove dry soil or abrasive grit from the floor
- Step 5 – Application of our custom cleaning agents to remove old sealer, previous treatments or factory dressings
- Step 6 – Mechanical agitation and power scrub with PH neutral floor cleaner to deep clean and remove years of dirt and grime
- Step 7 – Fresh water rinsing and high power vacuum to bring dirt solution into our specialist on board vacuum tanks
- Step 8 – Speed dry floor and buff to remove footprints and leave a perfect blemish free floor
- Step 9 – Application of commercial grade polymer floor dressing to give the floor a protective barrier from wear and tear. Available in Matt, Satin or High Shine
- Step 10 – Customer walk round and inspection process, with full advice given for daily and weekly maintenance, along with complementary 6 months worth of cleaner
Why choose TileMaster:
From our great prices to our fast and efficient work, there are so many reasons to choose TileMaster:
- Fully insured for domestic and commercial work
- Health and safety compliant
- Fully Trained Team
- Quality Added Value of service
- Minimum Disruption
- Friendly Personal Service
- We Move Furniture
Every job is different but during the free survey we measure up, do a free demonstration clean to show the results we can achieve, and from this we send over a full proposal for you to browse at your own leisure. We do not give prices on the day or put you under any pressure for an answer there and then
Every job is different, due to furniture, size of area and treatments required but during the free survey & demo we will give you an estimate of time. For example, we recently completed a full strip, deep clean and re-dress(seal) of 60sqm in 1 day.
All products used are within the manufacturer’s guidelines, and where applicable your flooring manufacture own brand products can be used.
Scratches, scuff marks and damage on the floor can be removed if they are surface-level and in the dressing. Deeper scratches on the surface may require a more intensive process to use diamond pads to repair the scratch.
We are happy to give a ballpark figure from pictures and room sizes, as this can help customer budgeting on renovation projects if they are unsure whether to restore or replace, but ultimately we would need to carry out a full survey and demo before any work can take place.
Yes, we are always happy to call out and offer a free demo clean. Not only does this give you, the customer, a good indication of the results we can achieve, it also allows us to quote for the floor correctly, as we know the process required to achieve those results.