Sandstone is a beautiful, natural choice for flooring. It has shades that are similar to the beach and desert sand with colours that range from brown and tan to gold and red. Due to its durability, many home and business owners choose this type of tile, especially in high-traffic areas, but it still needs occasional maintenance.
If your sandstone or yorkstone is in need of repair, our specialist floor restoration team in Maidstone have both the know-how and the equipment required to get excellent results. Using a variety of restoration techniques, Tilemaster will breathe new life into your hard floors, protecting your investment and keeping your home or business safe.
How to tell if your sandstone needs cleaning or restoration
Most tile manufacturers recommend weekly sweeping and dusting of the floor, with semi-regular professional cleaning and polishing also being required to keep it free from damage long into the future.
How often you should professionally clean, polish and seal your sandstone floor depends on a number of factors, including the amount of foot traffic the floor receives. Typically a business premises needs professional cleaning more often than a domestic one.
There are a number of things to look out for when deciding to book a professional restoration of your sandstone. Your local TileMaster professional can help diagnose and resolve the following tile and grout care problems:
- Has your sandstone flooring become dull and lifeless?
- Has your sandstone lost its colour from when it was laid?
- Does it look better when wet?
- Has the grout become worn and tired looking?
- Have the builders or tradesmen left the floor looking dusty and patchy?
- Are you fed up of mopping the floor for it to quickly lose its lustre after it dries?
- Are there marks and stains that your constantly mop that always come back?
- Has it become scratched and dirty, with no amount of mopping or products making a difference?
- Does you sandstone floor have dull spots?
- Are you looking to bring back that wonderful, just laid finish?
Benefits of our sandstone cleaning and sealing service
Book the trained and experienced staff of TileMaster to restore your sandstone floors to find out why our customers love our work. It’s not only about our great value prices, there are many benefits of TileMaster’s sandstone floor cleaning and polishing service, including:
- Extend the life of your sandstone flooring
- Less maintenance–cleaning / sweeping once the holes and cracks are filled
- Sealing helps protect the grout, keeping it cleaner for longer
- Better and brighter finished achieved
- Application of a wax makes it look and feel more homely and smoother underfoot
- A safer, healthier & cleaner environment for your family and pets
- Our process protect your warranty and keeps the floor looking better for longer
- Our service creates minimum disruption and leaves no dust or mess
TileMaster’s sandstone restoration packages:
Every member of staff at TileMaster has been carefully trained to restore sandstone floors in order to ensure the best results for our customers. Using state-of-the-art floor cleaning machines and solutions, our technicians deploy an advanced multi-step process for cleaning tiles and grout, restoring them to a brilliant finish:
- Step 1 – We survey the floor and discuss finish and seal options
- Step 2 – Remove furniture and prepare room
- Step 3 – Protect surrounding areas and sensitive surfaces with specialist low tack masking and protection
- Step 4 – Vacuum or sweep area to remove dry soil or abrasive grit from the floor
- Step 5 – Application of our custom cleaning agents to remove old sealer and previous treatments.
- Step 6 – Mechanical agitation and power scrub with PH neutral floor cleaner to deep clean and remove years of dirt and grime from the tiles and grout
- Step 7 – Fresh water rinsing and high power vacuum to bring dirt solution into our specialist on board vacuum tanks
- Step 8 – Application of a diamond tipped brush to bring back a fresh layer of the stone
- Step 9 – Speed dry floor and buff to remove footprints and leave a perfect blemish free floor
- Step 10 – Application of commercial grade impregnating sealer to protect the grout from oil and water based spills and stains.
- Step 11 – Optional application of a matt or satin wax to make the floor look and feel more homely under foot
- Step 12 – Customer walk round and inspection process, with full advice given for daily and weekly maintenance, along with complementary 6 months worth of cleaner
Why choose TileMaster:
There are many reasons to choose tile master to restore your sandstone flooring. From our great prices to our fast and efficient work, just ask our many delighted customers, there are so many reasons to choose TileMaster:
- Fully insured for domestic and commercial work
- Health and safety compliant
- Fully Trained Team
- Quality Added Value of service
- Minimum Disruption
- Friendly Personal Service
- We Move Furniture
Every job is different, due to furniture, size of area and treatments required but during the free survey & demo we will give you an estimate of time. For example, we recently completed a deep clean and sealed a marble floor of 40sqm in 1.5 days
Every job is different but during the free survey we measure up, do a free demonstration clean to show the results we can achieve, and from this we send over a full proposal for you to browse at your own leisure. We do not give prices on the day or put you under any pressure for an answer there and then
Yes, the floor is fine to use once we leave on the first day. We try to leave protection on the floor in the main traffic way or around the kitchen island, in front of the sink or oven. We normally suggest just not to cook anything like spag bol or curry, however, because the sauce might end up splattering on the floor
Yes, we can use aggressive diamond tooling to remove the lips or sharp edges. Once the floor is flat we can smooth out the floor and bring back the wonderful polished finish
Normally the floor needs around 4 hours to dry. If we are only sealing the grout, the floor is fine for socks and slippers after 1 hour, but depending on the porosity of the tiles, room temperature and other factors, the floor can take longer to dry.
All products used are within the manufacturer’s guidelines, and where applicable your flooring manufacture own brand products can be used.
Scratches, scuff marks and damage on the floor can be removed if they are surface-level and in the dressing. Deeper scratches on the surface may require a more intensive process to use diamond pads to repair the scratch.
We are happy to give a ballpark figure from pictures and room sizes, as this can help customer budgeting on renovation projects if they are unsure whether to restore or replace, but ultimately we would need to carry out a full survey and demo before any work can take place.
Yes, we are always happy to call out and offer a free demo clean. Not only does this give you, the customer, a good indication of the results we can achieve, it also allows us to quote for the floor correctly, as we know the process required to achieve those results.