Marble floors are popular all over the world for their beautiful patterns and impressive durability. With occasional maintenance the marble in your home or business should stay at its best for years.
Our highly skilled restoration team in Biggleswade delivers professional cleaning, restoration and polishing of marble and terrazzo floors in both domestic and commercial settings. We have both the experience and the cutting-edge equipment required to deliver the highest quality results. We will remove all traces of dirt and debris, buff out surface marks and scratches and reapply top quality sealant, restoring life and colour back into your marble or terrazzo floors.
How to tell if your marble needs cleaning or restoration
Regular maintenance, including the sweeping and mopping of marble flooring will help to extend its lifespan. How often you should arrange a professional clean, polish and seal for your marble depends on a number of factors, the most important being the amount of foot traffic it experiences.
When considering whether to book a professional restoration of your marble, look out for these common issues. Your Biggleswade TileMaster professional can help you diagnose and repair the following marble care problems:
- Has your marble become dull and lifeless, losing its shine?
- Has the floor been badly laid with dangerous sharp edges?
- Has the grout in between the tiles become worn and dirty?
- Has furniture scratched the surface of the floor?
- Does your marble rapidly lose its shine after it’s been mopped?
- Do cleaning products not seem to make a difference?
- Do you miss that shiny, like-new finish?
Benefits of our marble cleaning and polishing service
Book the trained and experienced staff of TileMaster Biggleswade to rejuvenate your marble tile floor and find out why our customers love our work so much. There are so many benefits of our marble floor restoration and polishing service beyond our excellent value for money, including:
- Increase the longevity of your marble floor
- Decrease maintenance cleaning requirements
- Protect the grouting
- Create a brighter finish for the tiles
- We can use our grinding tools to create a seamless, smooth finish
- A safer, more healthy environment for family, pets, and visitors
- Protect your warranty and avoid shelling out on expensive replacements
- Low disruption service at a time that suits you
TileMaster’s marble restoration packages:
Every member of staff at TileMaster has been trained to restore marble floors to a beautiful finish. Using state-of-the-art floor cleaning equipment and our own custom made solutions, our technicians employ an advanced multi-step system for cleaning marble and grout, bringing back that just-laid look:
- Step 1 – We survey the floor and discuss finish and seal options
- Step 2 – Remove obstructions and prepare the room
- Step 3 – Close surrounds and protect sensitive surfaces from debris with specialist low tack masking and protection
- Step 4 – Area is vacuumed and sweep area to remove dry surface soil
- Step 5 – Custom cleaning agents applied to rid the area of old sealer and previous solutions.
- Step 6 – Mechanical agitation of cleaning solutions and power scrubbing with PH neutral floor cleaner to deep clean the floor
- Step 7 – Fresh water rinsing and high power vacuum to evacuate the dirty cleaning solution into our vacuum tanks
- Step 8 – Diamond sand to remove all light marks and etches from surface
- Step 9 – Diamond Polish to customer’s choice of finish: Honed, Matt, Satin, high shine or mirror finish
- Step 10 – Speed dry floor and light buff to remove surface footprints and leave a clean, blemish free floor
- Step 11 – Commercial grade impregnating sealer applied to add lasting protection to grouting from oil and water based spills and stains
- Step 12 – Customer inspection process to ensure total satisfaction. Our teams offer full advice and maintenance plans for daily and weekly care, along with complementary 6 months worth of free complimentary cleaner
Gold Package – Grind in Place – Floor Upgrade
All of the steps in Silver Package, plus:
- Thorough diamond grinding to remove lips / treat uneven tiles and make the floor perfectly flat
- Specialist abrasive resin and ceramic diamonds fully smooth out the surface and prepare for honing and polishing stage
- Extra attention by hand to cleaning grout joints and edges ensuring the marble remains totally flat, bringing the edges in line with the middle of the floor
Why choose TileMaster:
There are many reasons to work with TileMaster Biggleswade to restore your marble flooring, including:
- We are insured for domestic and commercial marble restoration work
- Quality added value of service
- Work carried out with minimum disruption, noise and mess
- Friendly, local and personal service
- We can move you furniture if required
Every job is different but during the free survey we measure up, do a free demonstration clean to show the results we can achieve, and from this we send over a full proposal for you to browse at your own leisure. We do not give prices on the day or put you under any pressure for an answer there and then
Yes, the floor is fine to use once we leave on the first day. We try to leave protection on the floor in the main traffic way or around the kitchen island, in front of the sink or oven. We normally suggest just not to cook anything like spag bol or curry, however, because the sauce might end up splattering on the floor
Yes, we can use aggressive diamond tooling to remove the lips or sharp edges. Once the floor is flat we can smooth out the floor and bring back the wonderful polished finish
Every job is different, due to furniture, size of area and treatments required but during the free survey & demo we will give you an estimate of time. For example, we recently completed a deep clean and sealed a marble floor of 40sqm in 1.5 days
Normally the floor needs around 4 hours to dry. If we are only sealing the grout, the floor is fine for socks and slippers after 1 hour, but depending on the porosity of the tiles, room temperature and other factors, the floor can take longer to dry.
All products used are within the manufacturer’s guidelines, and where applicable your flooring manufacture own brand products can be used.
Scratches, scuff marks and damage on the floor can be removed if they are surface-level and in the dressing. Deeper scratches on the surface may require a more intensive process to use diamond pads to repair the scratch.
We are happy to give a ballpark figure from pictures and room sizes, as this can help customer budgeting on renovation projects if they are unsure whether to restore or replace, but ultimately we would need to carry out a full survey and demo before any work can take place.
Yes, we are always happy to call out and offer a free demo clean. Not only does this give you, the customer, a good indication of the results we can achieve, it also allows us to quote for the floor correctly, as we know the process required to achieve those results.