Limestone is a very popular option for flooring that is used in all sorts of different places. When it’s properly sealed, limestone is an excellent option for high traffic areas, but regular maintenance is essential because of its porous nature.
Cleaning, restoring and polishing your limestone floors should always be carried out by a professional. Our specialist restoration team in Biggleswade have both the experience and the cutting edge equipment required to deliver incredible results, every time. We will remove dirt and debris from the floor, buff out surface marks and scratches while restoring colour and reapplying protective sealant, giving your limestone floor a new lease of life.
How to tell if your limestone floor needs cleaning or restoration
Most limestone manufacturers advise weekly sweeping and dusting of the tiles, with semi-regular professional cleaning and polishing to extend the floor’s lifespan for as long as possible. How frequently you should deep clean, polish and seal your limestone floor depends mainly on the amount of foot traffic it receives. Businesses normally need their floors professionally cleaned more often than domestic customers because of this.
Limestone can be easily damaged, so there are a few things to look out for when deciding whether to book a professional restoration. Your local TileMaster professional in Biggleswade can assist you when it comes to diagnosing and resolving the following common limestone floor care issues:
- Has your limestone flooring become dull and lifeless?
- Has your floor been badly fitted, leaving it with uneven tiles and hazardous edges?
- Has the grout become dirty and worn?
- Have builders or tradesmen left marks on the surface of your limestone?
- Does the floor look better only when wet?
- Does your floor have dull spots?
- Are you looking to restore that beautiful, just laid finish?
Benefits of our limestone cleaning and polishing service
TileMaster Biggleswade’s trained and experienced staff can restore your limestone tile floor and you’ll discover why our customers love our work so much. Not only do we offer great value prices, there are simply so many benefits of our limestone floor cleaning and polishing service, including:
- Extend the lifespan of your limestone flooring
- Sealing helps prevent wear and tear from damaging the floor and makes it easier to maintain with subsequent cleans
- Brighter finish with better colour
- Grinding the floor evens the surface out for a seamless look
- Your family and pets will enjoy a safer, cleaner environment
- Our teams work with minimal mess and disruption
TileMaster’s limestone restoration packages:
Staff at TileMaster Biggleswade have been painstakingly trained to restore limestone floors. We only use the top floor cleaning machines and solutions available, whilst our technicians deploy an advanced multi-step process for cleaning tiles, restoring them to a brilliant finish:
- Step 1 – Survey the limestone floor and discuss finish and seal options
- Step 2 – Remove furniture from the floor and prepare the room
- Step 3 – Protection applied to surrounding areas and sensitive surfaces using specialist low tack masking and protection
- Step 4 – Vacuuming and sweeping of the area to remove dry soil or abrasive grit from the floor
- Step 5 – Custom cleaning agents applied to remove old sealer and previous treatments
- Step 6 – Mechanical agitation and power scrub with PH neutral floor cleaner. Deep cleaning can remove years of dirt build up from the tiles and grout
- Step 7 – Fresh water rinse and high power vacuum used to bring dirt solution out of the floor into our specialist on board vacuum tanks
- Step 8 – Diamond sanding removed light marks and etches from surface
- Step 9 – Diamond Polish to either a Honed, Matt, Satin, high shine or mirror finish
- Step 10 – Speed dry the floor and buff to remove surface footprints, leaving a perfect blemish free floor
- Step 11 – Commercial grade impregnating sealer is applied to the limestone to protect the grout from oil and water based spills and stains.
- Step 12 – Customer walk round and inspection of the floor, full advice is given for daily and weekly maintenance. We also offer complimentary 6 months worth of cleaner
Gold Package – Grind in Place – Floor Upgrade
All of the steps in Silver Package, plus:
- High quality diamond grinding to eliminate lips / uneven tiles to make sure the floor is flat
- Specialist abrasive resin applied and ceramic diamonds used to effectively smooth out floor and prepare for honing and polishing stage
- By hand, extra special attention is paid to grout joints and edges to make sure the limestone is perfectly flat and to bring the edges in line with the middle of the floor
Why choose TileMaster:
There are many reasons to work with TileMaster to restore your limestone floors, including:
- Fast and effective service
- TileMaster staff are fully insured for domestic and commercial work
- Health and safety compliant work carried out with utmost care
- Quality added value of service
- Minimum disruption to your home or business
- Friendly personal service from our staff
- We can move your furniture for you
Every job is different, due to furniture, size of area and treatments required but during the free survey & demo we will give you an estimate of time. For example, we recently completed a deep clean and sealed a marble floor of 40sqm in 1.5 days
Yes, we can use aggressive diamond tooling to remove the lips or sharp edges. Once the floor is flat we can smooth out the floor and bring back the wonderful polished finish
Normally the floor needs around 4 hours to dry. If we are only sealing the grout, the floor is fine for socks and slippers after 1 hour, but depending on the porosity of the tiles, room temperature and other factors, the floor can take longer to dry.
Scratches, scuff marks and damage on the floor can be removed if they are surface-level and in the dressing. Deeper scratches on the surface may require a more intensive process to use diamond pads to repair the scratch.
We are happy to give a ballpark figure from pictures and room sizes, as this can help customer budgeting on renovation projects if they are unsure whether to restore or replace, but ultimately we would need to carry out a full survey and demo before any work can take place.
Yes, we are always happy to call out and offer a free demo clean. Not only does this give you, the customer, a good indication of the results we can achieve, it also allows us to quote for the floor correctly, as we know the process required to achieve those results.