Wherever they are installed, new tile and grouting looks great while also being tough and hard wearing. Over time, however, tiled surfaces can become worn and lose their shine. Grouting gathers dirt, losing the sparkle it had when it was first installed.
For assistance cleaning and rejuvenating your tile and grout floors, our specialist restoration team in Biggleswade have both the knowledge and the experience required to deliver outstanding results. We remove marks and stains from your floors and buff out any scratches, before applying a protective sealant to repel dirt and make it easier to maintain after we’ve finished our work.
How to tell if your tile & grout needs cleaning or restoration
To increase the lifespan of their tile and grout floor, we advise customers to regularly brush and dust their floors so that sharp pieces of debris aren’t ground into the floor by foot traffic.
How often you should have your tile and grout floor professionally serviced depends on a number of different factors, such as the amount of footfall it experiences. Commercial premises generally require professional cleaning more regularly than homes, but if you have pets and children regular upkeep is a must to avoid bacteria.
Consider the following common issues when deciding whether to arrange a professional restoration of your tiles and grout. Our Biggleswade team can help resolve a wide variety of problems, including:
- Loose or worn tiles
- Dull, lifeless appearance
- Unclean, uneven finishing
- Dust and debris from building work affecting the appearance of the tiles
- Sweeping does not seem to improve the appearance of the floor
- Marks on the surface of the tiles
- The tiles looked much better when they were new
Benefits of our tile & grout cleaning service
It’s not just about our competitive prices, there are many other benefits that come with our tile and grout restoration service, including:
- Increase the lifespan of your tile and grouting
- Reduce day-to-day maintenance requirements of your floor
- Grouting will be protected with a new professional seal
- Brighter and shinier finish for your tiles
- A healthier environment with reduced bacterial build up
- Maintain the warranty of your tiled floor
- Our service creates no dust, debris or mess
TileMaster’s tile & grout cleaning process:
Every member of the TileMaster Biggleswade team has been carefully trained to work on tiled floors. We have invested in state-of-the-art floor cleaning machines and solutions, we we use to perform our signature multi-step cleaning process:
- Step 1 – Initial survey, discussion of finish and seal options
- Step 2 – Furniture removed and room prepared
- Step 3 – Surrounding areas and nearby surfaces masked with our low tack masking and protection tape
- Step 4 – Any remaining dry soil or abrasive grit swept from the floor
- Step 5 – Apply our branded TileMaster cleaning agents to get rid of old sealer and previous treatments
- Step 6 – Mechanical agitation and power scrubbing with TileMaster’s PH neutral floor cleaning solution
- Step 7 – Fresh water rinse and high power vacuum drains dirt into our vacuum tanks
- Step 8 – Speed dry and buff to remove any final foot marks
- Step 9 – Commercial grade impregnating sealer applied, creating a barrier against debris
- Step 10 – Final inspection and sign off with the customer and offer full advice for daily and weekly care, along with complementary 6 months worth of cleaner
Why choose TileMaster:
If you’re looking for professional tile cleaning and restoration services in Biggleswade, TileMaster are your one-stop-shop:
- Full insurance for all work
- Health & safety compliant, trained staff
- Excellent value for money
- Minimal disruption to your home/business
- Friendly local service
- We move your furniture for you
Every job is different but during the free survey we measure up, do a free demonstration clean to show the results we can achieve, and from this we send over a full proposal for you to browse at your own leisure. We do not give prices on the day or put you under any pressure for an answer there and then
Yes, the floor is fine to use once we leave on the first day. We try to leave protection on the floor in the main traffic way or around the kitchen island, in front of the sink or oven. We normally suggest just not to cook anything like spag bol or curry, however, because the sauce might end up splattering on the floor
Normally the floor needs around 4 hours to dry. If we are only sealing the grout, the floor is fine for socks and slippers after 1 hour, but depending on the porosity of the tiles, room temperature and other factors, the floor can take longer to dry.
All products used are within the manufacturer’s guidelines, and where applicable your flooring manufacture own brand products can be used.
Every job is different, due to furniture, size of area and treatments required, but during the free survey and demo we will give you an estimate of how long it will take. By way of example, we recently completed a deep clean and grout seal of 40sqm in 1 day.
Scratches, scuff marks and damage on the floor can be removed if they are surface-level and in the dressing. Deeper scratches on the surface may require a more intensive process to use diamond pads to repair the scratch.
We are happy to give a ballpark figure from pictures and room sizes, as this can help customer budgeting on renovation projects if they are unsure whether to restore or replace, but ultimately we would need to carry out a full survey and demo before any work can take place.
Yes, we are always happy to call out and offer a free demo clean. Not only does this give you, the customer, a good indication of the results we can achieve, it also allows us to quote for the floor correctly, as we know the process required to achieve those results.