Victorian tiles and quarry tiles are hard, impervious tiles made from ground minerals formed and fired with similar techniques to brick. Victorian Minton tiles in particular come in a variety of interesting patterns, and we pride ourselves in protecting these interesting features in homes and businesses across Biggleswade.
Over the years our dedicated team has consolidated their many years of experience cleaning and restoring all kinds of tiled floors. If your Victorian quarry tiles could do with some professional care, give us a call. TileMaster Biggleswade combine many years of knowledge with investment in state of the art, custom cleaning equipment to deliver outstanding results, every time.
How to tell your Victorian or quarry tiles need cleaning or restoration
Weekly sweeping and dusting of tiles prevents the build up of surface dust, while professional cleaning and polishing can then clean deeper to extend the floor’s lifespan for as long as possible. Victorian & quarry tiles in particular deserve frequent care and attention because of the contribution their patterns make to various building interiors.
How often you should professionally clean, polish and seal your Victorian or quarry tiles varied based on a number of factors, not least the amount of foot traffic the floor receives. Typically a busy hallway needs professional cleaning more often than a guest room, and of course the changing of the seasons can also have an effect.
When considering whether to have your Victorian Minton tile cleaned and restored, ask yourself:
- Has your Victorian or quarry flooring lost its colour?
- Does your Victorian or quarry tile look better when wet?
- Has the grout become worn and started to fail?
- Do you miss that just-laid finish?
- Does the tile quickly lose its lustre after it dries?
- Are you unable to remove marks and stains?
- Is the floor scratched?
- Does your Victorian or quarry tile floor have faded or dead spots?
Benefits of our Victorian and quarry tile cleaning and sealing service
Book the trained and experienced staff of TileMaster Biggleswade to bring your Victorian or quarry tiles back to life and discover why our customers love our work. It’s not only about our great value prices, there are many benefits to TileMaster’s tile floor restoration services, including:
- Make your Victorian or quarry flooring last longer
- Once the holes and cracks are filled regular maintenance is easier
- Sealing helps protect the grout, keeping it secure for longer
- Better colour and more vibrant finished achieved
- Application of a wax makes adds a smooth feel underfoot
- Reduced bacterial build up means a cleaner environment for your family and pets
- Our service creates minimum disruption to your home or business and leaves behind no dust or mess
TileMaster’s Victorian and quarry tile restoration packages:
Each member of our TileMaster team has been specially trained to restore Victorian and quarry tile floors with care, in order to ensure the best results on these decades old tiles. Utilising state-of-the-art floor cleaning machines and our own custom made cleaning solutions, our technicians deploy an advanced multi-stage restoration process for cleaning tiles and grout, restoring them to a brilliant finish. Depending on the specific situation, we employ these steps:
- Step 1 – We survey the tiles and discuss finish and seal options
- Step 2 – Remove obstacles including furniture and prepare room
- Step 3 – Guard surrounding areas and sensitive surfaces from work with low tack masking and protection
- Step 4 – Vacuum or sweep area to remove surface dust, soil and other contaminants from the floor
- Step 5 – Application of our custom cleaning agents to strip old sealer and remove previous treatments
- Step 6 – Mechanical agitation and power scrub with PH neutral floor cleaner to deep clean the tiles and grout, removing years of dirt
- Step 7 – Fresh water rinsing and high power vacuum extracts the dirty solution into our specialist on board vacuum tanks
- Step 8 – Application of a diamond tipped brush to bring out a fresher, brighter surface layer
- Step 9 – Speed dry floor and buff to remove any final footprints and marks, leaving a perfect blemish free floor
- Step 10 – Top quality impregnating sealer is used to protect the surfaces from oil and water based spills and stains
- Step 11 – Optional application of a matt or satin wax for a smoother feel underfoot
- Step 12 – Customer walk round and sign off process, with full advice given for daily and weekly maintenance. We also provide customers with complementary 6 months worth of cleaner
Why choose TileMaster:
There are many reasons to choose TileMaster Biggleswade to restore your Victorian and quarry tile floor. From our unbeatable prices to our quick and efficient work, just ask our many delighted customers!
- We are fully insured for all domestic and commercial tile restoration work
- Years of training and experience
- Great value for money
- Minimum disruption to surrounding environment
- Local, friendly personal service
- We move your furniture
Every job is different, due to furniture, size of area and treatments required but during the free survey & demo we will give you an estimate of time. For example, we recently completed a deep clean and sealed a marble floor of 40sqm in 1.5 days