Karndean or Amtico flooring offers a great, hardwearing alternative to tile, stone and other hard floor types. It is tough but still needs occasional professional cleaning to ensure sure it lasts for many years to come.
TileMaster’s specialist team has years of experience servicing Karndean, Amtico and other LTV flooring for homes and businesses, combining professional know-how with the best quality equipment available.
How to tell if your Karndean floors need cleaning or restoration
The manufacturers of Karndean advise weekly sweeping and dusting of the floor. Semi-regular professional deep cleaning will increase the floor’s lifespan for as long as possible. How frequently you should book professional cleaning for your Karndean floor depends on the amount of footfall it receives.
A busy commercial premises will naturally require professional cleaning more frequently than a home. There are a number of signs of wear to look out for when arranging a professional deep clean of your Karndean floor. TileMaster Biggleswade’s team can help diagnose and remedy the following common Karndean floor care problems:
- Has the floor become faded and lifeless?
- Has the sealant worn down and lost its shine?
- Have builders or tradesmen left the floor unclean?
- Does mopping make no improvement?
- Has the surface become scratched and dirty, with marks which won’t buff out?
- Are you looking to restore that wonderful, like-new finish?
Benefits of the service
Speak to the trained and experienced staff of TileMaster Biggleswade about rejuvenating your Karndean tiles to enjoy the many benefits, including:
- Less cleaning and sweeping required
- Sealing and dressing protects the surface in future
- Restore the colour of the floor
- A safer, more hygienic environment for your family and pets, less bacterial build up
- Maintain your floor’s warranty
- No dust and minimal disruption
TileMaster’s Karndean cleaning process:
Using the best floor cleaning machines and solutions available, our technicians deploy an advanced multi-step process for Karndean floor cleaning, restoring them to a good-as-new finish:
- Step 1 – We survey the area and discuss finish and shine options
- Step 2 – We remove all furniture items and prepare the room
- Step 3 – Protect all surrounding surfaces with our low tack masking and protection tape
- Step 4 – Remove all dry soil and abrasive grit from the area with vacuuming and sweeping
- Step 5 – Remove old sealer, previous treatments or factory dressings with our specialist solutions
- Step 6 – Mechanical agitation and power scrub with PH neutral floor cleaner to deep clean the Karndean and remove engrained dirt
- Step 7 – Extract dirt solution with fresh water rinsing and a high power vacuuming, removing it into our specialist on board tanks
- Step 8 – Speed dry and buff floor to remove any final blemishes
- Step 9 – Commercial grade floor dressing applied for a protective barrier against wear and tear. Available in Satin, Matt or High Shine finish.
- Step 10 – Customer sign off to ensure satisfaction, with full advice given for future maintenance, along with complementary 6 months worth of cleaner
Why choose TileMaster:
Great prices and rapid turnaround times add to our many reasons to choose TileMaster:
- Fully insurance for all domestic and commercial
- Health and safety trained staff
- Fully trained floor care experts
- Great value service
- Minimal disruption during service
- Local staff
- Furniture moved for you
Every job is different but during the free survey we measure up, do a free demonstration clean to show the results we can achieve, and from this we send over a full proposal for you to browse at your own leisure. We do not give prices on the day or put you under any pressure for an answer there and then
Every job is different, due to furniture, size of area and treatments required but during the free survey & demo we will give you an estimate of time. For example, we recently completed a full strip, deep clean and re-dress(seal) of 60sqm in 1 day.
All products used are within the manufacturer’s guidelines, and where applicable your flooring manufacture own brand products can be used.
Scratches, scuff marks and damage on the floor can be removed if they are surface-level and in the dressing. Deeper scratches on the surface may require a more intensive process to use diamond pads to repair the scratch.
We are happy to give a ballpark figure from pictures and room sizes, as this can help customer budgeting on renovation projects if they are unsure whether to restore or replace, but ultimately we would need to carry out a full survey and demo before any work can take place.
Yes, we are always happy to call out and offer a free demo clean. Not only does this give you, the customer, a good indication of the results we can achieve, it also allows us to quote for the floor correctly, as we know the process required to achieve those results.