Whether used in a home or business setting, Travertine tiles look great while also being hard wearing. Over time, however, the surface can become dirty and lifeless, losing its shine and colour.
If you are searching for help cleaning, restoring and polishing, our specialist floor restoration team in Cheshire have both the experience and the top-of-the-range equipment needed to deliver the highest quality results. Our teams will remove dirt and debris, buff out surface marks and scratches and reapply protective sealant, and restore a wonderful new shine to make the tiles and grout easier to keep cleaner, for longer.
How to tell your travertine needs cleaning or restoration
Most tile manufacturers recommend weekly sweeping and dusting of the floor, with semi-regular professional cleaning and polishing to extend the floor’s lifespan for as long as possible.
How often you should professionally clean, polish and seal your travertine floor depends on a number of factors, including the amount of footfall the floor receives. Typically a business premises needs professional cleaning more often than a domestic one.
There are a number of things to look out for when deciding to book a professional restoration of your travertine floor. Your local TileMaster professional can help diagnose and resolve the following tile and grout care problems:
- Has your travertine flooring become dull and lifeless?
- Has your travertine developed holes and pits that require filling
- Has your floor become cracked that require filling
- Has your floor recently been laid and left with uneven tiles with sharp edge?
- Has the grout become worn and tired looking?
- Have the builders or tradesmen left the floor looking dusty and patchy?
- Are you fed up of mopping the floor for it to quickly lose its lustre after it dries?
- Are there marks and stains that your constantly mop that always come back
- Has it become scratched and dirty, with no amount of mopping or products making a difference?
- Does your travertine floor have dull spots
- Are you looking to bring back that wonderful, just laid finish?
Benefits of our travertine cleaning and polishing service
Book the trained and experienced staff of TileMaster to restore your travertine tiles to discover why our customers love our work. It’s not only about our great value prices, there are many benefits of TileMaster’s travertine floor cleaning and polishing service, including:
- Extend the life of your travertine flooring
- Less maintenance–cleaning / sweeping once the holes and cracks are filled
- Sealing helps protect the grout, keeping it cleaner for longer
- Better and brighter finished achieved
- Grinding the floor creates a seamless monolithic look.
- A safer, healthier & cleaner environment for your family and pets
- Our process protects your warranty and keeps the floor looking better for longer
- Our service creates minimum disruption and leaves no dust or mess
TileMaster’s Travertine Restoration Packages:
Every member of staff at TileMaster has been carefully trained to restore travertine floors in order to ensure the best results for our customers. Using state-of-the-art floor cleaning machines and solutions, our technicians deploy an advanced multi-step process for cleaning tiles and grout, restoring them to a brilliant finish:
- Step 1 – We survey the floor and discuss finish and seal options
- Step 2 – Remove furniture and prepare room
- Step 3 – Protect surrounding areas and sensitive surfaces with specialist low tack masking and protection
- Step 4 – Vacuum or sweep area to remove dry soil or abrasive grit from the floor
- Step 5 – Application of our custom cleaning agents to remove old sealer and previous treatments.
- Step 6 – Mechanical agitation and power scrub with PH neutral floor cleaner to deep clean and remove years of dirt and grime from the tiles and grout
- Step 7 – Fresh water rinsing and high power vacuum to bring dirt solution into our specialist on board vacuum tanks
- Step 8 – Diamond sand to remove light marks and etches from surface
- Step 9 – Diamond Polish to remove Honed, Matt, Satin, high shine or mirror finish
- Step 10- Speed dry floor and buff to remove footprints and leave a perfect blemish free floor
- Step 11- Application of commercial grade impregnating sealer to protect the grout from oil and water based spills and stains.
- Step 12 – Customer walk round and inspection process, with full advice given for daily and weekly maintenance, along with complementary 6 months worth of cleaner.
Why choose TileMaster:
There are many reasons to choose tile master to restore your Travertine flooring. From our great prices to our fast and efficient work, just ask our many delighted customers, there are so many reasons to choose TileMaster:
- Fully insured for domestic and commercial work
- Health and safety compliant
- Fully Trained Team
- Quality Added Value of service
- Minimum Disruption
- Friendly Personal Service
- We Move Furniture
No problem! Using specialist filler and a traditional wax method we can colour match fillers on site to help make them look like a natural feature of your tile
Scratches, scuff marks and damage on the floor can be removed if they are surface-level and in the dressing. Deeper scratches on the surface may require a more intensive process to use diamond pads to repair the scratch.
We are happy to give a ballpark figure from pictures and room sizes, as this can help customer budgeting on renovation projects if they are unsure whether to restore or replace, but ultimately we would need to carry out a full survey and demo before any work can take place.
Yes, we are always happy to call out and offer a free demo clean. Not only does this give you, the customer, a good indication of the results we can achieve, it also allows us to quote for the floor correctly, as we know the process required to achieve those results.
Every job is different, due to furniture, size of area and treatments required but during the free survey & demo we will give you an estimate of time. For example, we recently completed a deep clean and sealed a marble floor of 40sqm in 1.5 days
Every job is different but during the free survey we measure up, do a free demonstration clean to show the results we can achieve, and from this we send over a full proposal for you to browse at your own leisure. We do not give prices on the day or put you under any pressure for an answer there and then
Yes, the floor is fine to use once we leave on the first day. We try to leave protection on the floor in the main traffic way or around the kitchen island, in front of the sink or oven. We normally suggest just not to cook anything like spag bol or curry, however, because the sauce might end up splattering on the floor
Holes in travertine are perfectly natural and are caused by hot springs or gasses passing through the rock. The pits and air pockets can be filled in the factory process, but these can pop out and come away from foot traffic when the tiles are first laid. Also, some travertine is sold unfilled and during the fitting the tiler fixer will float the grout over the whole tile and fill up the holes and pits with grout. This is perfectly fine, however the grout can become stained and discoloured if it isn’t sealed and maintained correctly
All products used are within the manufacturer’s guidelines, and where applicable your flooring manufacture own brand products can be used.