Marble floors are popular all over the world for their beautiful, unique patterns and relatively hardwearing nature. Over time, however, this surface can become dirty and lifeless, losing its shine and colour.
If you are searching for help cleaning, restoring and polishing your marble or terrazzo floors, our specialist restoration team in Cheshire have both the experience and the top-of-the-range equipment needed to deliver the highest quality results. We will remove dirt and debris, buff out surface marks and scratches and reapply protective sealant, bringing your marble floors back to their brilliant best.
How to tell your marble needs cleaning or restoration
Regularly sweeping and mopping of marble or terrazzo is essential to extend its lifespan. How often you should professionally clean, polish and seal your marble floor depends on a number of factors, the most important of which is probably the amount of foot traffic it is subjected to.
There are a number of things to look out for when deciding to book a professional restoration of your marble. Your local TileMaster professional can help diagnose and resolve the following tile and grout care problems:
- Has your marble floor become dull and lifeless?
- Has your floor recently been laid unevenly with sharp edges?
- Has the grout become worn and tired looking?
- Have the builders or tradesmen left the floor looking dusty and patchy?
- Does your marble quickly lose its lustre after it’s been mopped?
- Are there marks and stains that your constantly mop that always come back?
- Has it become scratched and dirty, with no amount of mopping or products making a difference?
- Does you marble floor have dull spots?
- Are you looking to bring back that wonderful, just laid finish?
Benefits of our marble cleaning and polishing service
Book the trained and experienced staff of TileMaster to restore your marble and discover what our customers love about our work. There are many benefits of TileMaster’s marble floor cleaning and polishing service to go along with excellent value for money, including:
- Extend the life of your marble flooring
- Less maintenance–cleaning / sweeping
- Sealing helps protect the grout, keeping it cleaner for longer
- Better and brighter finished achieved
- Grinding the floor creates a seamless monolithic look.
- A safer, healthier & cleaner environment for your family and pets
- Our process protect your warranty and keeps the floor looking better for longer
- Our service creates minimum disruption and leaves no dust or mess
TileMaster’s marble restoration packages:
Every member of staff at TileMaster has been carefully trained to restore marble floors in order to ensure the best results for our customers. Using state-of-the-art floor cleaning machines and solutions, our technicians deploy an advanced multi-step process for cleaning tiles and grout, restoring them to a brilliant finish:
- Step 1 – We survey the floor and discuss finish and seal options
- Step 2 – Remove furniture and prepare room
- Step 3 – Protect surrounding areas and sensitive surfaces with specialist low tack masking and protection
- Step 4 – Vacuum or sweep area to remove dry soil or abrasive grit from the floor
- Step 5 – Application of our custom cleaning agents to remove old sealer and previous treatments.
- Step 6 – Mechanical agitation and power scrub with PH neutral floor cleaner to deep clean and remove years of dirt and grime from the tiles and grout
- Step 7 – Fresh water rinsing and high power vacuum to bring dirt solution into our specialist on board vacuum tanks
- Step 8 – Diamond sand to remove light marks and etches from surface
- Step 9 – Diamond Polish to remove Honed, Matt, Satin, high shine or mirror finish
- Step 10- Speed dry floor and buff to remove footprints and leave a perfect blemish free floor
- Step 11- Application of commercial grade impregnating sealer to protect the grout from oil and water based spills and stains.
- Step 12 – Customer walk round and inspection process, with full advice given for daily and weekly maintenance, along with complementary 6 months worth of cleaner
Gold Package – Grind in Place – Floor Upgrade
All of the steps in Silver Package plus
- Aggressive diamond grinding to remove lips / uneven tiles to make the floor flat
- Specialist abrasive resin and ceramic diamonds to smooth out floor and prepare for honing and polishing stage
- Extra attention by hand to grout joints and edges to make floor perfectly flat bring the edges in line with the middle of the floor.
Why choose TileMaster:
There are many reasons to choose tile master to restore your marble flooring, including:
- Fully insured for domestic and commercial work
- Health and safety compliant
- Fully Trained Team
- Quality Added Value of service
- Minimum Disruption
- Friendly Personal Service
- We Move Furniture
Scratches, scuff marks and damage on the floor can be removed if they are surface-level and in the dressing. Deeper scratches on the surface may require a more intensive process to use diamond pads to repair the scratch.
We are happy to give a ballpark figure from pictures and room sizes, as this can help customer budgeting on renovation projects if they are unsure whether to restore or replace, but ultimately we would need to carry out a full survey and demo before any work can take place.
Yes, we are always happy to call out and offer a free demo clean. Not only does this give you, the customer, a good indication of the results we can achieve, it also allows us to quote for the floor correctly, as we know the process required to achieve those results.
Normally the floor needs around 4 hours to dry. If we are only sealing the grout, the floor is fine for socks and slippers after 1 hour, but depending on the porosity of the tiles, room temperature and other factors, the floor can take longer to dry.
Every job is different, due to furniture, size of area and treatments required but during the free survey & demo we will give you an estimate of time. For example, we recently completed a deep clean and sealed a marble floor of 40sqm in 1.5 days
Every job is different but during the free survey we measure up, do a free demonstration clean to show the results we can achieve, and from this we send over a full proposal for you to browse at your own leisure. We do not give prices on the day or put you under any pressure for an answer there and then
Yes, the floor is fine to use once we leave on the first day. We try to leave protection on the floor in the main traffic way or around the kitchen island, in front of the sink or oven. We normally suggest just not to cook anything like spag bol or curry, however, because the sauce might end up splattering on the floor
All products used are within the manufacturer’s guidelines, and where applicable your flooring manufacture own brand products can be used.